Little Harbour Charitable Foundation provides grants to organizations whose programs or projects make a discernible difference in the lives of children and families in the NH Seacoast Region. Beginning in the spring of 2016, our funding will target programs and projects that focus on drug prevention and healthy choices for our youth in order to help address the drug epidemic in NH Seacoast communities. We encourage collaboration between community agencies when possible.
Grants are awarded on a competitive basis in response to applications from established community agencies that meet the following criteria:
- 501(c)3 status or affiliation with an existing qualified agency.
- Registered non-profit with the State in which they are domiciled.
- Annual operating budget sufficient to carry out the objectives of the application.
- An active board of directors willing to contribute time and resources to the success of the proposed program.
- Commitment of the organization’s management to provide written evaluation of the “difference” the program made in the lives of the recipients it was intended to serve. This report would be due within 4 weeks of the conclusion of the program.
- General operating support
- Fixed budget items, including agency staff time and salaries
- Religious organizations
- Trips and Tours
- Political organizations
Letter of Inquiry:
All grants from Little Harbour Charitable Foundation begin with a Letter of Inquiry. The letter should be no more than one page and include:
- Name and brief description of the organization
- Non-profit status
- Brief description of the project
- Amount of the request
- Statement of need and how your organization can fulfill this need
This initial proposal will be reviewed by the grant committee and responded to within two weeks. If the committee decides that your project is a good fit for our goals and funding priorities, we will request a more complete proposal.
The Letter of Inquiry should be emailed to Donald Brabant at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donald Brabant, Grant Committee Chair